Mendoza: High Mountain and Aconcagua Park Tour with BBQ
- Marvel at Aconcagua peak, the tallest in South America
- Learn about the history of the Incas
- Explore the stunning surroundings of the Mendoza High Mountain
- Enjoy a traditional Argentinean BBQ
Join us for an exciting mountain adventure in Mendoza! Experience the beauty of Aconcagua Provincial Park and discover the Horcones Lagoon through a guided hiking tour.
In addition, explore various historical sites along the picturesque Andes mountain range route. Visit Cacheuta, Potrerillos Dam, Uspallata, and Puente del Inca (Inca Bridge) all in one day.
Immerse yourself in the rich history of the Andes region before indulging in a traditional Argentinean BBQ back in Uspallata.
This tour is suitable for individuals of all ages and fitness levels, as it offers a low-intensity hiking experience. Don’t miss this unique opportunity to hike in Aconcagua and explore the main tourist attractions in the area, all within a single day!
- Transportation from Mendoza
- Breakfast (coffee and croissant)
- Barbecue and wine
- Professional guide
- Aconcagua entrance fee
- Personal insurance
From $286 per group up to 1More details
From Mendoza: Full Day Gaucho Experience
- Marvel at the splendor of the Andes mountain range
- Enjoy Argentinean asado, wine, and more
- Benefit from the company of a mountain guide professional while horseback riding
- Enjoy a local breakfast in a gaucho ranch
Your guide will meet you at the agreed-upon location at 8:30 AM. The journey to the ranch will take approximately 2 hours, passing through Cacheuta and Potrerillos along the way.
Upon arrival at the ranch, a delicious meal will be ready for you to indulge in, consisting of ‘tortitas’ and ‘mate’. Following this, you will have the opportunity to embark on a 3-hour horseback ride in the stunning Andes. During this adventure, you can revel in breathtaking vistas and may even catch glimpses of Guanacos and Condors.
After the horseback ride, your host will treat you to a traditional asado, accompanied by wine, vegetables, and a delightful dessert. Depending on traffic conditions, you can expect to return to Mendoza city around 6:30 PM.
- Transfer in/out from your accommodation.
- 3-hour horseback ride with Gaucho guide.
- Breakfast, barbecue, wine, salads, homemade bread and dessert.
- One horse per participant.
- Guide from Mendoza
From $420 per group up to 1More details
Mendoza: 4-Hour Mountain Trekking With Lunch
– Take in panoramic views of the Cordón del Plata mountain range
– Hike to Cerro Calavera summit, 2212 meters above sea level
– Marvel at the varying colors of the mountain
Begin your day by arriving in the picturesque district of Potrerillos and settling in before the day’s activities commence. Embark on a guided trek to the summit of Cerro Calavera, which stands impressively at 2212 meters above sea level. Known for its accessibility to hikers and bikers, Mount Calavera offers a breathtaking landscape adorned with lush vegetation, stunning lake views, and abundant opportunities for wildlife sightings.
During your hike, your enthusiastic guide will regale you with captivating anecdotes and historical facts, shedding light on the area’s rich history, the diverse flora and fauna of the region, interesting details about the mountain itself, and the unique customs of the local community. After approximately three hours of ascending, reach the magnificent peak of Calavera Mountain. Take a moment to rest and rejuvenate with refreshing water and fruits.
From the summit, indulge in the awe-inspiring vistas that stretch across the region, encompassing the majestic Cordón del Plata mountain range and the glistening Lake Calavera. Finally, commence the descent, which will take around two hours. Upon returning to the local partner’s office, immerse yourself in relaxation while enjoying a delectable poolside lunch, showcasing the flavors typical of the region. Conclude your day by heading back to Mendoza, feeling fulfilled by the remarkable experiences and sights that Potrerillos and Cerro Calavera have bestowed upon you.
- Bilingual tour guide (English and Spanish)
- Lunch and snacks
- Hotel pickup and drop-off (if option selected)
From $59.89 per personMore details
Andes Day Trip Uspallata, Aconcagua and Puente del Inca
- Discover the Cordón de Plata Mountain Range and Potrerillos Dam
- Learn about Uspallata, a pre-Hispanic settlement of the Huarpe people
- Explore some of the most interesting high-altitude points of Mendoza
- Venture to the Christ the Redeemer of the Andes at 4,200 meters
- Visit the villages of Potrerillos and Uspallata and admire views of the Andes
The tour provides a delightful combination of colors and landscapes. In the early morning, we will follow the path of the Mendoza River and enjoy breathtaking views of the Cordon del Plata mountain range and the impressive Potrerillos Dam, which both harness hydropower and support irrigation.
Our first destination is the Uspallata settlement, where we will explore the historical remains of the Huarpes community and discover the southernmost point of the Inca Empire along the Inca Trail from Peru.
Continuing our trip, we will visit the charming villages of Picheuta, Polvaredas, and Punta de Vacas.
Next, we will travel along the Puente del Inca route, admiring the fascinating natural formations and hot springs. We will then ascend to the viewpoint of Cerro Aconcagua, a majestic presence towering at 6,959 meters above sea level. Surrounded by the tranquil Laguna Horcones and the Aconcagua Provincial Park, the view is truly awe-inspiring.
Our final destination is the picturesque European-style village of Las Cuevas, situated at an altitude of 3,200 meters above sea level. Here, we will find the path leading to the iconic “Cristo Redentor” monument perched impressively at 4,200 meters above sea level. This monument symbolizes the unity between the people of Argentina and Chile (Only open during the summer months).
As our tour comes to an end, we will return to Mendoza with cherished memories of this enchanting journey.
- Pickup and drop-off
- Air-conditioned transportation
From $117 per personMore details
From Mendoza: High Andes Aconcagua Mountain Tour
- Stand on the breathtaking natural rock bridge Puente del Inca
- Enjoy views of Aconcagua, the highest peak in the Americas
- Travel on Route 7, the famous international Andean Highway
- Visit the village of Uspallata and learn about the Incan people
- See the Dam of Potrerillos that generates energy for the region
Start your day of exploration in the Andes by being picked up from your hotel in Mendoza. On Tuesdays, Thursdays, and Saturdays, embark on a scenic journey through Villavicencio, where you can admire breathtaking views of the highest peaks in the Andes. Continue onwards to Uspallata Valley, making your first stop at the town of Uspallata, which was settled by the native Huarpes during the pre-Hispanic era.
Take your time to immerse yourself in the stunning Andean scenery and perhaps grab a snack. Then, continue your adventure to Polvaredas and Punta de Vacas, seizing the opportunity to capture some memorable photos. Eventually, arrive at Puente del Inca, a natural arch perched at an impressive elevation of 8,924 feet above sea level. Marvel at the intricate patterns of colored rock and the majestic mountain vistas from the bridge.
Proceed towards the Chilean border, making a stop at a natural viewpoint to admire Aconcagua, the largest mountain in both the Southern and Western Hemispheres. If you visit between November and April, you can even enter the Aconcagua Provincial Park and embark on a hike to the Horcones Lagoon.
Next, head to the village of Las Cuevas, where you will have free time to explore and the option to enjoy a meal if you wish. Finally, journey back to Mendoza along the renowned Ruta 7 and conclude your day by being dropped off at your hotel.
- Hotel pickup and drop-off in Mendoza and Luján de Cuyo
- Tour in Spanish, English, or Portuguese
- Experienced guide
From $46 per personMore details